3iS Paris, the biggest audiovisual campus in Europe
The 3iS Paris campus offers students an exceptional environment to train for the filmmaking and sound production professions, with over 16,000 m2 of facilities on the very doorstep of Paris.
Our audiovisual resources are unique in Europe, including shooting sets, a 300-m2 theater arts stage, a motion capture studio, a 300-seat screening room, and a movie set.
3 buildings devoted to filmmaking, sound, animation, video games and performance arts
The 3iS Paris campus is located in Yvelines, where—in addition to the student residence—it boasts three buildings entirely dedicated to the creative arts. In 2021 a brand new facility is set to open, focused on digital animation, video games and special effects.
Each year, our Paris campus welcomes 1,500 students to train on 3iS’s Filmmaking & Audiovisual, Sound, Special Effects, Performing Arts, Animation, Video Games and Motion Design programs. Conveniently located just 25 minutes from Paris and 10 minutes from Versailles, the campus is well served by public transport.
There’s lots going on throughout the year on campus, including concerts, 3iS Fest, CinéClub and photo club happenings. The Student Office (BDE, Bureau des étudiants) plays a central role in organizing the school’s calendar highlights like the induction weekend, theme nights, and buddying for new students. It also coordinates the various clubs set up each year by students who want to share their passion for music, dance, sports or cinema.
Great facilities at 3iS Paris
of training facilities for the screen and sound industries
buildings on the doorstep of Paris
seat screening room
motion capture studio
MEET US IN PARIS
Les journées portes ouvertes* sont des moments privilégiés pour découvrir le Campus, rencontrer l’équipe pédagogique et échanger avec les étudiants.
N’hésitez pas à nous rendre visite si vous êtes intéressé par nos formations du Cinéma et Audiovisuel, Son, Cinéma d’Animation & Jeu Vidéo, Effets Spéciaux, Spectacle Vivant, Acting.
*pass sanitaire demandé
- 3 buildings with over 16,000 m2 of equipped training space
- 1 x 300-seat screening room
- 2 filmmaking and audiovisual sets
- 1 x 110-m2 TV studio with green screen
- with 2 dedicated HD video control rooms
- 4 x 100-m2 film sets
- 1 x 300-m2 theater arts stage
- 1 x 120-m2 motion capture studio with 32 cameras
- 1 radio studio
- 1 x 140-m2 film set (Haussmann-style apartment with movable walls)
- 4 drawing and modeling workshops
- 10 computer rooms with 20 to 30 workstations
- 70 individual editing and color correction booths
- 2 digital projection booths
- 2 screening rooms with a 5.1 audio system
- 2 recording studios
- 4 sound mixing and mastering systems
- 16 sound editing systems
- 1 Fab Lab (with 3D printer & laser-cutter)
- 2 store rooms
Director of Studiesslamy@3is.fr
TEACHING TEAM - Filmmaking & Audiovisual
Filmmaking, Audiovisual & Sound Foundation Year course email@example.com
Image course firstname.lastname@example.org
Audiovisual Editing, Direction lead tutor and Audiovisual Journalism lead email@example.com
Fiction Direction lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Screenwriting lead email@example.com
Production lead firstname.lastname@example.org
English Bachelor’s degree lead email@example.com
TEACHING TEAM - Sound
Sound course firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Sound course email@example.com
TEACHING TEAM - Animation, Video Games & Motion Design
Animation & Video Games course firstname.lastname@example.org
Motion Capture course email@example.com
Motion Design & Scenography course firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACHING TEAM - Spectacle Vivant
Cinema Operations lead email@example.com
Performing Arts course firstname.lastname@example.org
Studying at 3iS Paris
Right next to the school there’s a student residence with 200 new, fully equipped studios.
– Just a 10-minute walk from the shops, the residence boasts numerous facilities including a gym, concierge service, laundry and cleaning service, launderette, private parking lot, secure access, wifi, multimedia rooms, co-working spaces and relaxation lounges, screening spaces, and more. Studios range from 14 to 25 m2 and rent for between €521.95 and €794.20 monthly (including utilities, before any APL housing allowance).
– The surrounding area of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines also offers a wide range of accommodation options, such as student residences, small flats, and apartment shares.
Students at 3iS Paris studying for the Filmmaking, Audiovisual & Sound DESTIS (Diplôme d’Etudes supérieures en Techniques de l’Image et du Son) qualification are eligible for Crous bursaries, which are awarded based on financial hardship and academic results. Crous grants go from €1,020 to €5,612, depending on your family’s income.
To apply, go to the https://www.messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr/ portal and create your Dossier Social Étudiant (DSE). Once you’ve completed your file, the Crous will email you provisional notification if you are awarded a grant. You present this to 3iS when you register. Your bursary application is automatically confirmed once 3iS validates your enrolment.
Find out if you’re eligible by checking out the scholarship simulator here: https://simulateur.lescrous.fr/