Applying as an International Student
3iS accepts international students who want to study in France on its Filmmaking & TV, Sound, Animation, Video Game, Motion Design, Special Effects and Performing Arts programs.
Students must meet the following admission requirements to be accepted:
- Be at least 18 years old
- For programs in French: Demonstrate sufficient proficiency in French to be able to follow the program (TCF, TEF, or DELF results): Minimum level B2 required for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years.
- For programs in English: Demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English to be able to follow the program (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge results): Minimum level B2 required for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years.
Learn 3iS Application Process for International Students from industry specialists
Do you fulfil the admission requirements? If so, here’s what to do if you want to apply to 3iS as an international student:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Include the following documents in your application
- If you’ve already learned English, a copy of your English level test results: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge (optional)
- Copy of your passport (identity page only)
- Copy of your residence permit in France (if you have one)
- 2 passport photos
- A covering letter explaining why you want to study at 3iS
- Proof that you’ve passed the university entrance exam in your home country, OR your most recent higher education diploma, together with report cards from your last two years of study
- Your transcripts
If you’re taking your university entrance exams this year, please send the report cards from your last two years of study at this stage. You should then send us proof that you passed the exams as soon as you receive it.
– A portfolio of your work (texts, images, films, photographs) on any medium: DVD, CD or web pages (optional)
– If you’ve already learned French, a copy of your French level test results: TCF, TEF, DELF (optional)
– Payment of registration fees: €60 (for EU and non-EU nationals)
Gain hands-on experience
The school is constantly building new industry partnerships so our students have plenty of opportunities to gain experience on the ground. Through video shoots, official interviews, stage lighting and sound engineering, creating audiovisual and digital content, media communications and more, students gain real-life experience in the fast-paced creative skills economy. They are involved in celebrity events, like the César Awards, and work alongside respected figures in their disciplines, giving them a chance to develop their professional network.
3. Send your completed application form to our International Admissions Department:
– By email in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– By post to the following address:
Institut International de l’Image et du Son
4 Rue Blaise-Pascal
You’ll be emailed confirmation by return that your application has been received at 3iS.
4. Personal interview, held remotely
We’ll examine your application and if it’s approved, we’ll contact you to set a date for a remote interview.